You Go Peggy O! You Go!

8:48 AM Barb 0 Comments

As a hardcore Mad Men fan, it just felt right to reference my love for Margaret Olson and the ladies of SCDP in the title of my first post.

First, a little about my blog.  I am still floundering in this thing called life, specifically my career.  I am finally in a place that I hope makes sense and enhances my marketability.  I wanted a place to express my thoughts on working nonprofits and associations and just as a young-ish woman trying to navigate through it all.  I tend to start blogs and lose interest and I am hoping that is not the case with this here little blog.  I plan to include bits about my work and my life.  Currently, I am nerding out about the film festival committee that I recently joined.  I get to watch documentaries and short films, peeps!! And talk about them.  Documentary nerd heaven.  I will watch a documentary about pretty much anything and will be enthralled for the entire time.  So I'll talk a little  about the documentaries I'm watching.  I also read on the train every day and talking about books would be fun. As a millenial, I am also interested in pop culture references and I'll sprinkle them throughout the blog. Gold star for you if you note the second pop culture reference in the title.

To recap, I'll be talking about nonprofit-y stuff and causes close to my heart, documentaries and books.  I will also be talking about Mad Men.  Lots and lots of Mad Men.

I love talking and thinking about Mad Men.  So many layers to the characters and the workplace dynamics.  I'll discuss that here as well.  Team Joan Halloway, just so we're clear.  I will not acknowledge the new Harris last name or the horrible person attached to it.  It is also worth noting that Peggy Olson is a badass.

And nail polish. I always wear nail polish.  I won't be talking about it but I like alliteration.

0 comments: