Internal Job Change

9:11 AM Barb 0 Comments

My current association has great benefits.  AMAZING benefits.  But I do not have much room for career growth in my current department.  Gone are the days of staying at one company for 30 years and eventually becoming CEO.  Sallie Mae does not care about employee loyalty and will eventually my payments will increase.  I like my department but there is truly nowhere for me to go.

Enter the internal job posting.  It looks great on paper and would be a bit of a salary bump. Several colleagues reached out to me to encourage me to apply for the position.  But internal job switches are tricky.  I needed to talk to my current manager before I applied.  And that conversation can be uncomfortable to say the least.  That bit is done but now I have to prepare for the interview.  As awkward as the conversation could be, the interview will likely be even worse.  I have poring over career advice articles to prepare for an internal job interview.  I wrote a thoughtful cover letter and I am working on my questions to ask the hiring manager.

Hope this goes well.

And to tie this into my blog title...I need to pick a nail polish color.

Life is hard.


0 comments: